Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Once Upon a Weekend at Strawberry Farm, La Trinidad

Since I was a kid, I have always loved strawberries. It may not taste as good as it looks but for me,strawberry is one of the best fruit there is. One weekend, I went to the Strawberry Farm in La Trinidad, Benguet with my friends. I think it was actually the first time I went out with them(without any beer or cocktail in front of us.haha)
a failed jumpshot attempt!
my favorite jumpshot photo :)

What's a weekend getaway without picture taking? :) After more than hours of lunch, which of course involved taking pictures of each other in our not so glorious moments, we went around the Strawberry Farm. I'm surprised that there were a lot of local tourists there. The farmers there said that there are more tourists in the morning. We wanted to buy strawberries but sadly, the ones that are left to be picked are still not ripe and that it will take at least 2 days for it to be ripe. That being the reason why local tourists prefer going there in the morning.
bridge to the Strawberry Farm
Picture above is the view from the entrance of the Strawberry Farm. We were like kids as we ran to the farm in excitement.

I was very disappointed that we were not able to pick some strawberries that we can bring to our friends back in the city. Then as we left, we saw outside the Strawberry Farm some stalls selling strawberries.
strawberries being sold at the entrance of the strawberry farm @ 300/kg
When you buy the strawberries at the Strawberry Farm, it will cost you 300 per kilogram but, when you buy at the stalls in front of the farm or at the local market, it will only cost you 120-150 per kilogram. The difference is, if you buy at the Strawberry Farm, you will have more fun as you pick any strawberry you like so you'll be sure that the strawberries are fresh but, if you buy at the local market or at the stalls, the sellers are the ones who will pick for you. Whatever your choice, it's of course, up to you.
before leaving :)
We got so tired but it was indeed fun! While I was looking at the pictures, I started missing them again. I'm looking forward to another weekend with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment