Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chiang Mai, Thailand: Night Bazaar

Starting at 6PM and ends at 12MN, the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar is definitely a must visit for tourists when they visit the wonderful Chiang Mai. With fancy lights, beautiful souvenirs, bags, t-shirts, gift items, tea, Thai clothes, thai food and massage areas, one would really enjoy his/her visit.

It will take you a lot of time to go around and look for stuff and personally, I think six hours is not enough to see all the displays. It will be very tiring to walk around for hours but, there are many massage stalls around the area if you feel like taking a break for a while.  

When we entered the "gate"(picture below), we were surprised by the many stalls inside. There are also restaurants that offer a wide variety of selection, bars, and street foods aside from the usual products they sell. Since the food they serve in the restaurants inside the Market are expensive, we went to McDonald's instead before we continued with our shopping.





The picture above is the area where they sell the products at a more affordable price. Same products as the ones being sold at the front area but they sell it cheaper at that area. Of course, you still need a little charm so that you can haggle well with the vendors. :)

 A lot of tourist were buying this(I think this is fried ice cream) so I also tried. They sell different flavors but this one is what enticed me the most. It costs around 80-90 baht each :)

I'm not usually taking pictures of the stalls but I took a picture of this stall because I appreciate how intricate the details are in their products. I didn't buy one though since I'm a practical girl. I only buy a product if I'll be using it someday. :D


Night Market thingy
1. Haggle. A friend told me that you start the haggle at half the price the seller told you.
2. If you're on a budget, it's better to eat at McDonald's which is around 50meters away or any stall that sell street food around if you're looking for an authentic thai dish.
3. Some close at around 12MN but some stalls close at as early as 11. I guess it is better to do all your  shopping before 11PM.
4. Try thai massage. It's only 180baht per hour. Totally worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to travel more! I love all your pictures! I would love if you would come linkup with me today also doing a giveaway from Wednesday!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Thailand two years ago - and went to the Phuket Night Market. I thought the night markets were awesome! I loved looking and trying out the different food.

    ReplyDelete