Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chiang Mai, Thailand: Starbucks

A self-confessed coffee addict and a loyal Starbucks customer, my eyes sparkled like how a kid's eyes sparkle when they see a shop full of chocolates when I saw a Starbucks sign while walking one Saturday morning.

This Starbucks is located conveniently. It is also near the second-hand bookstores so, after buying books, it's really nice to relax and sip some coffee and read the book you just bought. :) This Starbucks is three-storeys so there's enough space for a lot of people

With 500baht left in my wallet after purchasing Brida by Coelho, Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes and a Grisham book, I decided to give myself a treat after a long walk and a long book search.




What I appreciate the most is that it has a great ambiance for a person who would like to just read or write or study because it is not that crowded.

The Devil and Miss Prym

second floor of Starbucks. I was alone.
I read around 40-50 pages of the book and I stayed for a while before I left. I love how friendly the staff are and how helpful they are on whatever things you need.

Although there is also a Starbucks near Le Meridien where our conference was held, Chiang Mai Night Bazaar where I was at every night, and Rux Thai Guest House where I stayed, I still chose this because of it's ambiance. The one near the night bazaar is not that spacious and is always crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment